Topband: 3G0Y

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3G0Y
From: Bernd.Koch@agresso.de (Bernd Koch)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:39:48 +0100
KT5X wrote:

> The signal in New Mexico would suddenly pop up to 599,
> then fade slowly like a spent skyrocket.  Worked QRP
> with my K2 at one of those peaks.  But he deserves
> any credit; what was he using to receive???

As far as I know they receive on one of the Titanex verticals but they are
at a very quiet location, at a camp site close to the beach. I am in contact
with the group and will ask tonight whether they are using beverages or so.

3G0Y has 600+ QSOs on top band so far, including a very high number of
Europeans and 58 JA's.

You can find further news and the online log at
http://www.qsl.net/3g0y/news.html

The logs are updated every two days.

73, Bernd, DF3CB