Topband: ARRL CW 160 condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL CW 160 condx
From: danilo.brelih@siol.net (Dan, S50U)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:20:31 +0100
HA0DU:
>Most of the QSOs were East Coast stations, with a few exeptions
>like N7JW, W0AH, K0HA, W7FG (Okla) and a few from Texas. From
>W1-W4 I ony missed Alabama.

Another not very often phenomen was observed at sunrise when
best QSO/rates was achieved 10 minutes after sunrise here both
days with states as CO,IA,MN,MO and NM,AR,LA,TX,OK. Conditions
was totally different to USA than last CQWW 160m when hard to
work 24 states vs 38 now or 56 Qs vs 265 this time.
I easily run USAs 20 min. past sunrise, listen to M/M stations
as KC1XX,K3LR,W3LPL.. 45 minutes after SR here,when switch OFF.
Try to find some interesting Caribbean on the band, only C6 was
heard once week, with huge USA pile, no way to work him as new
one. Great contest/activity anyway.

CU band, S50U

P.S. Why DC is so hard on TopBand, miss him this time too. ?

de W4ZV...DC is tough from here too...very little activity from within
Washington Metro area and poor antennas for those few who are QRV.