Topband: Full size Rohn 25 vertical vs. shunt fed tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Full size Rohn 25 vertical vs. shunt fed tower
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (Ken Ramirez)
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:15:26 -0000
   I am soliciting comments on comparisons between shunt fed towers and
full size 160m verticals. I presently have a 75 foot shunt fed tower  with
24 elevated radials on 160m. I am pondering putting up 120 feet of
insulated Rohn 25 tower for use exclusively as a vertical with elevated
radials. Anyone with experience with both of these? Is it worth the effort
to do this??? Any comments will be appreciated.

73 Ken N4UK EM84xp

P.S. just a sidenote comment. Are these guys at D68C the best DXpeditioners
of all time or what?! 9M0C was a breeze and this operation has been
fantastic! I can't remember any group of DXpeditioners who have done a
better job.