Topband: Minimum discernible signal, TS870 DSP

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Minimum discernible signal, TS870 DSP
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:34:40 EST
After number of misleading answers from various sources, including some
Kenwood authorized service points, I finally found out what PROM updates for
TS870 do (thanks Dxerham). They apparently do fix the problem with fuzzy
demodulation of SSB signals (pileup type). I sent inquiry to Kenwood and will
try to get the new chips.
Looks like another case of keeping cutomers in the dark and making many sell
their potentially super radios because of design goof. I will follow up on
progress. So hang on to your 870s.

Yuri, K3BU