Topband: Pre Sunrise Peaks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Pre Sunrise Peaks
From: 4x4nj@iname.com (R. Kline)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 01:17:26 -0000
VY2MGY:
>Have you noticed this Riki 4X4NJ ??

Hi Brian & Guys,

I haven't really paid attention to whether or not the SR-2 (sunrise - 2
hours)  enhancement involves increased signal strength, decreased noise, or
both.  Up until I recently began using the FT-1000D, I almost always used
the R4C with the AGC (and therefore the  s-meter) turned off.  I'll try to
pay more attention to this in the future.  Over the last week or so, there
have been responses from all over the world indicating that this phenomena
is general and not localized to the Middle East - something that I had
always assumed to be true.

73,
Riki, 4X4NJ