Topband: Delawre report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Delawre report
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:57:20 +0000
Today was probably the best JA opening of the season here, with a dozen or
so different stations heard, though only one worked. Signals (peaking 579
at times) were best on the 342-degree, 880-foot Beverage most of the time
(from 1150-1220z). They were almost as strong on the 320-degree, 500-foot
Beverage. JA0MVW was the last to fade out, at 1230z -- about 10 minutes
past our sunrise, peaking on the 320-degree Beverage at that time. Wasn't
hearing anything peaking on the West or SW wires.

On Monday, when W8JI reported a peak from the SW, our best antenna hearing
the JAs was the 320-degree wire -- with hardly any heard on my 342-degree
Beverage, and nothing at all from the West or SW. At the same time, K1ZM
reported he was hearing the JAs on his 350-degree, 1000-ft Beverage.

On both days the band was wide open to Europe around 0600-0700z with quiet
conditions.

73/Jon AA1K