Topband: Wideband Noise on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Wideband Noise on 160
From: tduffy@sygnet.com (Tim Duffy)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 15:01:41 -0600
Ford:

Your problem may be solved with a highpass filter (pass 1.8 MHz and higher)
that attenuates the AM broadcast band and everything else below 1.8 MHz.
There is a circuit in the ARRL Handbook.

I am using two W3NQN 160 meter bandpass filters (one in the transceiver line
and one in the receiver line). I am using a Yaesu FT1000MP.

I have three broadcast stations within 3 miles of me and they do not overload
my topband setup at all.

The receive only and 200 watt transceiver bandpass filters are made by W3NQN
and are available from WX0B.

I hope this helps.

73!
Tim K3LR