Topband: Dual Band INV L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Dual Band INV L
From: VY2MGY@IDIRECT.COM (VY2MGY)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:07:20 -0000
Hi Gang

Thanks to one and all for the help!

Heres what I did for now [ because there's two feet of snow on the ground
and -20 windchill ]

First I got rid of the ladderline and replaced it with RG59U [ 30' of it ].
Then I added @53' to the
end of the L so I now have @133' total - 40' vertical and 93 horizontal.

I fed it directly at the feed point [ for now ] and although the autotuner
on the 756 refuses to load it
my MFJ 949 external tuner loads it with no problems. In the spring [ and
warmer wx ] I may install a
matching network at the feed [ although some say it may not be required with
a 1/4 wave antenna
[ K1ZM in "DXing on the Edge" for one ].

One thing I did notice is that my noise level has increased @ 2- 3 s units
 no idea why right now ].
I will be on the air in the Stew  Perry, CQWW160 CW and CQWW160 SSB contests
to give it a real good shake down [ and chase DX in the meantime ]

Thanks again to all who sent in suggestions/opinions.

Merry Christmas! Seasons Greetings! and DX to all [ and to all a good
night ].

73 de Brian VY2MGY/3