Topband: Ground buss for vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ground buss for vertical
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:32:21 -0500
Here's a thought.  I made a loop of nr10 copper wire about a foot
in diameter and poked three 4-foot ground rods into the ground
to support that loop.  I soldered a bunch of nr14 radials to that
loop.  I also soldered a bunch of pigtails of nr14 to that loop and
wire-nutted about 5 radials of aluminum fence wire to each pigtail.
Mine is a put down in the fall, take up in springtime kind of radials.
This radial system with a 3/8wave INV L, took about 225 puffs to
resonate at 1830.  80 ft vertical, 110 horizontal.  The vertical part
is nr14 wire cage, four wires each separated by six inches and the
horizontal leg just a single nr14 wire.  Good bandwith, too.
73, de Joe Blackwell, aa4nn