Topband: A61AJ CQWW Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A61AJ CQWW Report
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:18:59 EST
Hi Gang

Just returned home yesterday from Dubai and I have now taken a look at the
CONTEST LOG.

Would you believe that I actually worked MORE WEST COAST W/VE stations (8
total) during the test than I did EAST COAST NA stations (6 total). Go figure!

Conditions were abymsal to NA during the test - I know we had many East Coast
stations calling from 0100-0215z on Saturday night (we could hear the pileup
at 239!) but the best we could get out of it was K1 K1 K1 at one point - we
never got that call either.

We did manage to work P40E and KV4FZ for zones 8 and 9 around 0130z-0145z -
but the prop up North just wasn't there.

Final contest tally was:

818 Q's   27 zones and  86 countries.

We missed a few we heard including:

UA0YAY
V8A

We tried passes on quite a number of stations including:

HC8N
N2NT
LX
CT1
OD5

but no luck at all - depending on the moment in time, passes worked or they
didn't.  Much of the time they didn't!

Highlights included QSO's with:

HS0AC
9M6
VU2PAI
9G5AA
SU9ZZ
5H3RK
ZS6UT
CN8WW (tough from A6!)
VK3EW
AH2R
KH7R
YK1AO

No ZL heard at all this trip.

Guess that is it.

QSL to W3UR - I should have him the logs before XMAS.

(One final note - It is possible there will be some **additional** A6
activity at sunset and maybe at surnise this week from UA9BA or some of the
others who stayed on. The station is QRV and ready to go - if someone wishes
to get on over there and give it a go.)

Good luck to all who still need a Q!

73 JEFF

K1ZM@aol.com