Topband: KL7 Observations

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: KL7 Observations
From: nl7z@mtaonline.net (NL7Z Kevin Forster)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:22:24 -0900
Hi Gang,

I have some observations I made the first night on 160.
Very intestine from E.Coast: K3LR was S-7, yet at the same time W3LPL
was S-0 (just above esp). I came back about an hour later - same
results. I did try the INV-VEE vs Vert but so not big difference.
Also of note: The BIG signal from E.Coast Friday night was N2LT,
This station was much louder than anybody else - all night.
Also - North-South propagation was not good from Alaska at all, I did
manage to work ZL3REX and VK6VZ, VK6HD but these were all very weak.
The JA's were all loud - as was the E,Coast - so E-W propagation was
quite good.
I did hear the A61 at my sunrise but he was very weak, could not work
him - 'darn!
All in all I had fun - managed to work 153, 9 zones, 8 countries.
I had 153 Q's
          9 Zones
          8 countries
Thanks for the contacts all..