No subject

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:28:04 -0500
I've been in a discussion (man this stuff takes up time) with the
person who picked 1838 as a PSK frequency.

We now have a meeting of the minds that 1838 is not and was not
a good choice for this region, so we are past that point.

I'm sure the PSK people will reach a conclusion about where PSK
should be after another few days of education on 160 meter
operating habits, I just hope it is a good choice.

I'm not suggesting any frequency, I'm just explaining the facts on
where and how stations operate. It is entirely up to the PSK people
to pick a spot, I'll just describe the operating habits here in IARU
region 1 and what I know absolutely for sure about the rest of the
world.

When another plateau is reached, I'll post the results here.

Thankfully it looks like the man behind PSK now realizes, at least
for the IARU region the USA is in, that some other frequency needs
to be established. If anyone wants to be involved in that discussion,
e-mail me. If you are in IARU region 1 and work DX between 1835
and 1840, you might want to give some input. They still are of the
opinion that IARU region 1 should have PSK in that area of the
band.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com