Topband: a61

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: a61
From: W7lr@aol.com (W7lr@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:12:10 EST
More A61AJ alert.  He was 2 s units above the noise (which was very low) here
in Montana.  I have EWE broadside arrays with switching for 6 directions and
the signals were best from VK which is west from here.  Signal from ZL, SW
was almost as good.  I worked him at 1409z simplex. I believe he started at
1400z.  He then worked W6 and W7, and soon qsx up 2.  He was coming thru for
about 20 minutes.  Our sunrise is now 1430z and his signal had faded out by
then, but was apparently still ok for W6. Sure nice to get an unexpected new
one.  Thanks to OH2AQ and K7CA for the alert. I was up looking for JA/HL but
none heard. Heard K7CA work the A61, then VK3EW?, then W7LR.  73 Bob W7LR