Topband: Wide band noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Wide band noise
From: kimba@sprint.ca (kimba@sprint.ca)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:37:13 -0500
Tom,

I believe I have heard the same thing.  The first time was about Nov 3,
plus or minus 2 days.  I don't know the direction it was coming from as
my Beverages are still in a state of upgrade. I only heard the noise
peaks (strong buzzing) and they were spaced about 9 kHz apart, with
peaks at 1822 and 1831. They extended up to at least 1900, and down well
below 1800. I heard it again a few days ago, but the spacing was
different, and it disappeared before I had a chance to check it more
accurately.  I'll keep better records next time I hear it.

73  Bert,  VE3QAA