Topband: 10 Turns on FT-140-43 corr. value DE K0FF

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 10 Turns on FT-140-43 corr. value DE K0FF
From: K0FF@ARRL.NET (K0FF)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:52:37 -0600
Of course I dropped a decimal point in one of my readouts. 10 T on an FT
140-43 should be 95.0 uH not 950 uH.

The actual measured inductances have been running higher, never lower. The
AL value is supposed to be 952, but has been as high as 1700. No other core
mix has shown variations like this so far.

I'm getting some more test equipment in here today to look into it  bit
further but in no case have I seen the AL value drop below the book value.

Hope this helps.

Happy Building, Geo KØFF
http://homepages.dstream.net/K0FF