Topband: beverage interference

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: beverage interference
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:13:40 EST
This is probably something that you beverage veterans know about...

I put up my first beverage for CQWW last week. It is 580' long & about 6-7'
high, and a bit zig zaggy due to where I must run it. It is fed with an ICE
toroid match box and unterminated.

I can feed the beverage to either of my radios via a switch. The FT1000MP is
well behaved, but the FT990 gets killed by RF when the beverage is in use.
The front panel lights dim down to nothing, and the wattmeter in line with
the radio pegs. It is odd, because both stations use the same transmitting
antenna. The only difference in the 2 stations is amplifiers and radios.

Any suggestions on how to cure this? I realize moving the tranmsit/RX
antennas further apart is probably the best solution, but isnt' not possible
here unfortunately.

Thanks,

Will