Topband: Re: measuring wire for beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: measuring wire for beverages
From: hermod.pedersen@sydsvenskan.se (Hermod Pedersen)
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:56:16 +0200
Ted Demopoulos wrote:
>I've been measuring lenghts for beverage in my driveway, then dragging them
>into the woods (partly recoiled , largely dragged). BIG work.
>Should I just measure them length of where they will be going, and them just
>string wire off the spool, not worrying about exact length or what??? Or any
>others suggestions

I use a detailed map, and measure the length on it.
If you're a reasonably good map reader (meaning able to convert nature into
mapped details) you can get measures down to +/- 10 meters.
Provided that you can get a detailed map covering your area, of course.
Which should be possible for most areas in these satellite days.

Hermod Pedersen, Web Editor http://hard-core-dx.com/
  -- probably the best DX site in the world --
Please use this email address: hermod@hard-core-dx.com