Topband: Univerasl UN-UN RX transformer kit..K0FF

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Univerasl UN-UN RX transformer kit..K0FF
From: K0FF@ARRL.NET (K0FF)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:54:51 -0500
Well after much head scratching and test winding of various people's ideas
of matching transformers for Beverages, Loop, Flags Pennants and just about
everything else, I've personally decided on a standard doughnut type
torroid, and depending on how you wind it (or tap it if you get the ready
made unit) It will match 50 or 75 Ohms to 900, 600, 470, 200.
As soon as I can get the info together, I'll post it at:
http://homepages.dstream.net/K0FF/ForSaleStuff

The kit will allow you to wind either a 50 or 75 Ohm version, gives you the
option of 1.8 or BCB low end, and you can even wind a special "Beverage
Only" version that allows the coax shield to float at the antenna end ( some
like to do this...I prefer to use the grounded shield myself)

The ready made coils ( bare bones no box etc) will come tapped for all the
impedance's, but you have to choose between 50 or 75 Ohm feedline. There is
also a low insertion loss option on each.

At this time I'm sorting through all the available outdoor boxes,trying to
find a cost-effective system. Then will offer plug and play units very
reasonably.

As per usual I'll write up the complete plans and details and make them
freely available.
If there is enough interest I can wind the binocular core versions as well.

PS, I'm always looking for antenna projects to make into kits. Any
suggestions gladly welcomed.

Happy Building, Geo K0FF