Topband: QRP Contest QSO's

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: QRP Contest QSO's
From: VY2MGY@IDIRECT.COM (VY2MGY)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:49:08 +0100
I can't say this with out it sounding like bragging ( which is not the
case ) but to prove a point I will say that I have been contesting QRP on
160 m for 2 years now and have set 1 provincial record, 1 national record
and 2 North American records ( 1 was for 75m QRP ). My point is that 160m
QRP is the art of the possible. I can remember QSO rates of 1 per hour and
scores that seem very low in comparision to any other category but it can be
done. My own rule is the 4 P's - Patience, Persistence, Perseverance and
Propagation. I rarely make over 100 QSO's per contest but each one I can
remember as a personal trophy - and yes it takes two to tx and rx so hats
off to the QRP'ers and the station that is able to copy. As most of you
reading this have probably worked VY2MGY/3 in one contest or another on top
band I thank each and everyone of you for your patience and perseverance -
I'll look after the persistance and we'll let the propagation gods look
after themselves.
CQ Contest!!

73 es dx de Brian VY2MGY/3 ( QRP )