Topband: Hybrid Coupler

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hybrid Coupler
From: herbs@vitelcom.net (Herbert Schoenbohm)
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 10:20:29 -0300
Earl,

A good source for high current mica transmitting capacitors is Nebraska
Surplus Sales 800-244-4567 or http://www.surplusales.com    The have a wide
selection of broadcast type G1, G2, or G3 series. Unforntunately the prices
are not for most hams with a typical 300pf 6KV 3.9 amp. unit priced at
$89.00.  They also sell the HT-57 series which are ceramic dooknobs rather
than mica porcelain and epoxy.  A 500pf 15kv 7.0amp HT-37 is priced at $36
but the choice in values is limited.  Perhaps you can trim the value with an
inductor.

I have a few G3's in the junk box from a dismaqntled BC transmitter.  If
there is a particular value I can help you with let me know and it will be
in the mail.

73

Herb (KV4FZ)