Topband: Re: topband RX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: topband RX
From: w7iuv@earthlink.net (Larry Molitor)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:58:22 +0100
At 10:08 AM 8/25/00 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:

>I use push-pull CATV bipolar transistors in preamps, and the
>minimum gain necessary to work with my least sensitive receiver.

Tom,

This appears to be an excellent solution to the preamp part of the problem.
I have had great success with the single-ended CATV preamp I've used for
the last twenty years or so, but would like to try to improve on even that.

Would you care to share your P-P design with the rest of us? I can post a
schematic and/or other info on one of the web servers I have access to so
that all may have access to it.

Thanks,

Larry - W7IUV