Topband: Beverages and useful wave angles

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverages and useful wave angles
From: herbs@islands.vi (Herbert Schoenbohm)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:54:44 -0300
John,  I have a Beverage at one of the AM stations I work for where we need to
pick up ZIZ St. Kitts on 555 Khz.  this station is sandwitched between to very
strong stations in PR and Rep. Dom. on 550 and 560.  Without the beverage, which
is only 750 feet and short for 555Khz, I wouldn't have a chance.  Loops are out
because the IX is exactly in the opposite direction. A carefully nulled Beverage
is nothing short of fantastic for this assignment.  I have not been able to find
any other way to doing it.  All signals are expected to be ground wave, I think.

Herb