Topband: Reversible Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Reversible Beverage
From: ni6t@intuitive.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 12:11:34 -0700
Hardy:

I built two of them with 300 ohm ladder line, and observed Tom's
recommendations re isolating the Beverage from the feedline. The
transformers are excellent--quite flat--and straightforward to build. I
used RG6 TV coax and type-F hardware.

I do not share your judgement that such an antenna is particularly
"complex and expensive," although I would agree that it is in comparison
to a single-wire, single-direction basic terminated Beverage. To my
thinking, obtaining bidirectional operation with one antenna and one
feedline is worth the effort to build some simple hardware.

I think Tom's tech note in Comm Quart is about the best Beverage design
I have seen.

Garry, NI6T