Topband: Gap Voyager

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Gap Voyager
From: ik0hbn@libero.it (Sante - IK0HBN)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 06:36:12 +0100
Hi Declan,

I used it since 1994. On 80 meters it does a pretty job, but on 160 it's a
pity. I have also tried with elevated counterpoises, adding more of them
but nothing changed. Usually one can be heard from a DX station, but sadly
not copy his reply for noise with a vertical setup, but here as I use 3
long beverages I copy DX and a lot of stations breaking pile up very
well,but making my Voyager copied from a DX spedition is very frustating.
The reflector "TOWERTALK" some months ago suggested me a L-inverted setup,
with elevated radials, sure cheaper and more efficient than my "tall dummy
load". I mean you could retrieve those replies on archives looking for "GAP
VOYAGER".  (de W4ZV...I found it here but see no replies on Towertalk:)
http://www.contesting.com/_towertalk/199912/0362.html

Hope this helps.

Ciao Sante IK0HBN

ps. BTW with Voyager I worked 106 countries including VK0IR, XZ0A and
others cookies, but I guess I had a great luck and sure their ears were
very good to copy me...-))