Topband: K4UZ - western KY

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K4UZ - western KY
From: volglass@usit.net (Bill Polsgrove)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:50:46 -0600
There goes another one.  The CQ SSB Contest.

Had alot of fun, calling CQ Contest and meeting all those
fine folks out there...thank god for beverages!  A hastily put up
long wire (rought 150 feet) yielded some excellent contacts
HC3A Picatan Island (so much for my spelling at the moment)..

Voice Keyers are nice... but next year we will finally buy one and
have one for those long periods when you just calling and no one is
there...but ya gotta keep calling to let them know your there!

Next year, I'm certain my father (k4uz) and I (kb4iuj) will throughly
tests the tx antenna's!!!  Live and learn... I guess that's what flashlights
are for...rebuiding/cleaning relays in the middle of the night...  Our
Beverages worked superbly too (even though they go through the woods lot &
briar patch) with no ill effects.

This is the only contest we do.  And Boy what fun it... Calling CQ and contact
everyone...  Cya Next year... Oh... Friday  night was a real bummer, too
much noise and too much work trying to pull people in...But Saturday night
the band opened...quite nicely...  We pulled around 6-7am...  Not a super
high score, but
the fact that were getting out and giving you our state and having fun, is
what it's all about.  73's  KB4IUJ & (K4UZ Contest).