Topband: XZ0A on final day

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XZ0A on final day
From: gejones@ocean.otr.usm.edu (Gary E. Jones)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 23:35:15 -0600
I wanted to share with the rest of the list that today (Sunday AM) W5 =
land (mississippi, Louisiana, Texas) finally had the skip.....    the XZ =
was a solid 559 copy here for the first time this dxpedition. Although I =
was lucky to get it in the log a week ago, there was not joy for any of =
the other MS 160 boys, until today....=20
What a great signal today. Heard quite a few 9s and 8s make it through =
today, but quite a few W5s made the haul today, including K5JZ and N5FG =
in Mississippi.

I think that all TopBanders really owe the low band operators a =
tremendous sense of gratitude.... this must not have been easy for them, =
and they must have left the rig with aching and hurting ears every time =
they got done working 160. However, they hung in there, day after day, =
night after night.=20

This was a wonderful effort on 160, and I greatly appreciate it.... A =
round of applause for the low band operators of XZ0A.... way to go guys =
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! n  We greatly appreciate it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Gary            W5FI