Topband: loop info on the web

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: loop info on the web
From: Ku7i@worldnet.att.net (Lane Zeitler)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:42:21 -0800
Many of you have asked abt the popular five foot shielded loop I am =
using for rcv. Rather than type myself to death look in most of the =
older 70s and 80s ARRL Handbooks. Also you can go to =
www.qsl.net/kc2tx/loopschematic.htm and get some great info. W1FB did a =
nice article on it in QST I think in the late 70s and my older Antenna =
Handbook has it in it from around 1984. I basically copied the one out =
of the old Antenna handbook except I used RG-62 vice RG-59. All I can =
say is that it is one of the best kept secrets in ham radio, I have an =
Ameco PT-2 preamp right now with a PT-3 arrivng in a week or so and this =
thing really knocks down the noise. GL.

Lane
ku7i