Topband: KH6CC Europe Path

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: KH6CC Europe Path
From: na0y@worldnet.att.net (Kenneth Fattmann)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:44 -0000
Hi Bill,

I have been talking to Jack KH6CC on ten meter AM. He was telling me that
He has been hearing Europe at 04:45Z to 05:15Z time frame with a strong
peak at 05:05Z.

He has not been able to work these stations even thought they are strong.
He is hearing them over a path at his station of 135 degrees. This has been
verified by KH6AT.

He asked me to pass this along to the europe gang. I do not know how to do
this and this is the reason I am sending this to you to see if you could
help. I suspect they are listening on the wrong path.

73 es good Dx de Ken NA0Y

Ken and EU readers, I suspect that this may be the same type of long path
that XZ0A has been working into NA.  For EU, they should try listening to
their SSW at the times mentioned above.  This would be equivalent to the
Western NA guys hearing XZ0A out of the Southwest well before their sunrise.
The XZ0A guys have proved just how consistent this path is!

Without power here since Monday and Mother Nature cheated me out of my favorite
contest this weekend!  Good luck to all and hopefully things will be back
to normal soon...thanks to N6TR for doing the reflector admin while I'm QRT!

                                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV
                                                        (generator powered)