Topband: Receiver performance

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Receiver performance
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:33:47 -0600
Have been watching the thread on receiver performance. . . this is an
important item of interest to virtually all of us.

I, along with many others, use the FT1000MP.  Generally speaking, it's a
good radio and I like it.  However, the DSP (which was so highly touted when
it was introduced) appears to me to be almost worthless.  Are there any
improvements (probably in the firmware) available to make the DSP more
effective?  Does anyone have experience where the DSP is effective . . . am
I missing something?

73 . . . Dave
W0FLS