Topband: CQ 160 Contest at "Saltdale"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQ 160 Contest at "Saltdale"
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:04:56 -0800
We will be operating from the Koehn Dry Lake salt bed again this weekend
in the contest.  This time we will be using two 70-foot top-loaded
verticals, the exact same type as we used the previous two times there,
but in duplicate.

The antennas will be spaced 1/4-wave apart with switchable unidirectional
beams to the NE (Eu and US east coast) and SW (Pacific area) and
bidirectional to the NW (JA, UA0, etc.) and SE (South America).

Although we hope the array will help our receiving (as well as
transmitting), we plan to also try a new antenna which lends itself to
even easier rotation and installation than the Diamond.  The new rx
antenna is delta-shaped, and is in the same family as "terra-proof" Ewes.
 This time we will also have adequate preamp gain for the rx antenna,
something deemed necessary by Jeff, K1ZM who has a pair of broadside
Pennants.

This will be a multi effort with operators K6SE, K6NDV, KR6C, K6NR and
N6HB.  Callsign used during the contest will be K6SE.

I just read the ARRL propagation bulletin, and it said something like
"disturbed conditions" for this weekend.  I hope that doesn't mean 160!

73, de Earl, K6SE