Topband: Balloon-supported verticals

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Balloon-supported verticals
From: w8ji@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:34:11 -0500
I tried the half-rhombics Herb describes at a FM BC station located
in a swap in the 70's.

I had two of them with reversible terminations. They were real dud's.

I also tried modelling them on EZNEC in hopes I could install some
here, and was never able to find a height and length combination
that showed any gain except straight up. It sort of confirmed my
70's experience.

If anyone successfully models an antenna like this PLEASE let me
know in e-mail! Maybe I've been doing something wrong.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com