Topband: Snake or low beverage?? Neither.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Snake or low beverage?? Neither.
From: scaroni" <scaroni@phoenix.it (scaroni)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 00:34:54 +0100
Hi to all the topbanders.

Here again some results about my tests on the receiving antenna.
Like i had explained in my last message posted here, i have put another wire
on ground in JA direction for made some comparisation looking on the snake
and on an EWE in the same direction.
So the wire is long about 400 meters, terminated with 370 ohm, the impedence
measured with the calibrated noise bridge is exatly 350 ohm, little lower
than the longer snake on USA.
So the impedence is again higher than explained in many books.(more near to
beverage than snake)
At this point the final comments like K1FK answered me about the question
"Snake or low beverage" is, "Neither, they are only a wave antenna,
discovered by H.H. Beverage",  the so called snake made like that i have do
is a really wave antenna like is  a wave antenna the higher version called
beverage!!!!!
Compared to the EWE 3 meters high, 15 meters long, in the same direction,
the so called snake is less noisy, and the S/N on many signal is better like
to JA and UA9.
Next step add a preampli directly near to the trasformer near the feed
point.
Conclusion is that like said K1ZM in his book, more rx antenna, more
opportunity is for better receive the signal under all the conditions of the
wave angle arriving and for all the direction, that in 160 is changing in
with different condition of propagation.

73 to all at the next test!!

Giulio IK2DED.