Topband: W5SUS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: W5SUS
From: k5go@alltel.net (Stan Stockton)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:59:03 -0600
Many of you guys who have been on the band for many years know John,
W5SUS.  He has been my friend for 30 years.

JOHN'S WIFE OF 62 YEARS passed away last night and I thought that those
of you who know John from working him over the years would want to know
in order to send a note or card to him.  I know he would appreciate it.

His address is:

John Dormois
10912 Hayden Avenue
New Port Richey, FL  34655

For those of you who don't know John, he received one of the first DXCC
certificates and was at the top of the heap about 50 years ago.  After
concluding that was just too easy, he decided 160M was the place to be.
When DXCC was offered he put up two full sized phased verticals and
received one of the first DXCC certificates on 160M (second West of the
Mississippi).  The band became crowded and he decided to take a reprieve
at about age 72 to build a 2 Meter EME station.  Not sure, but think he
achieved his goal of Worked All States in a year or two.  He now lives
in Florida and is still active from a very small space on 160M using a
25 foot loaded vertical which seems to work all the DX he can hear.

Stan, K5GO