Topband: LU, 3W, VK6, Beverage in the dark

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: LU, 3W, VK6, Beverage in the dark
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 16:44:46 +0000
Came home from work at 06z and spent a couple of hours with a flashlight
out in the woods finishing up the cabling for the new 210-degree Beverage
aimed for the, long, ah, skewed path to 3W5FM. Around 0830z LU/KY0C was 559
-- nice of him to show up so I knew the new antenna worked! But he couldn't
copy me.

VK6HD called in at 1131z, 579 and peaking on 210-degree wire. Later Mike
shifted to the NW and later West, peaking 599.

3W5FM was 339 when he worked W4DR about 1145z but he quickly went back to
80m. He briefly peaked on the West wire but then held best on the
210-degree Beverage. (I probably need one more Beverage in between these two).

73/Jon AA1K