Topband: Dual four squares.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Dual four squares.
From: jbattin@email.msn.com (John Battin)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:52:44 -0600
I see in the ON4UN Low Band DXer book a clever scheme that uses the 160
meter four square towers to support  80 meter four square wires inside it.
This would be nice in terms of re-using the ground system and space saving.
I can see that if you open the 80 meter wires they would likely have little
effect on 160, but if you open the 160 towers they are going to be half-wave
on 80 and would for sure mess things up. So I guess you need to short the
160 towers to ground. Has anyone tried this?? and could you get a  decent
f/b ratio?? John K9DX