Topband: desperate newcomer

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: desperate newcomer
From: kk@cg.yu (V.Kecman, Kele YU1AO/6)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 08:39:08 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01BF4F7C.ACB75BE0

Hi gang,

Happy New Year to you all. Here I am, planing to start transmitting
little RF power towards you, after several years of SWLing with peace of
wire and Collins 51S1. But, I realise that for decent signal on 160m
there should be a decent antenna... I live near the sea, but am
surrounded with hills in almost all directions but South. The yard
should house few EWEs and 100ft radials, but some people suggest that no
vertical would perform OK surrounded w hills. Inverted L, Baloon
supported J, Inverted V.... Oh boy, the entire season will be gone
before i make up my mind. Give me any strong argument. Meanwhile, I am
reading your past postings, and learning.

73 Kele YU1AO/6