Topband: HF-2V 160 Mod-UPDATE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HF-2V 160 Mod-UPDATE
From: Gerry Hohn" <gerry_hohn@spectrian.com (Gerry Hohn)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:04:47 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01BF4BB3.F57CF6E0

I received several comments regarding this Mod.

First, the WEB page  http://www.telusplanet.net/public/telwest/ve6lb.htm =
has been updated to enlarge the information (readable without zooming).

Second, there isn't a lot of science behind the Mod. I read about the =
higher efficiency and greater bandwidth of short verticals by moving as =
much of the loading as high as possible as well as adding as much =
capacity hat as possible.

My experience was that the bandwidth was wider and that I was able to =
break pile-ups that I simple couldn't before (had to wait until there =
where no other callers and then I'd sometimes get through).

I've worked DXCC on 160 with this antenna (and 800 watts), the first 50 =
or so with the stock antenna (with the 160 kit) and the rest with the =
modification as shown here. The last 50 where a lot easier.

Any questions are welcome at  ve6lb@rac.ca.

Gerry VE6LB