Topband: dxwindow

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: dxwindow
From: barrythompson@usa.net (BARRY THOMPSON)
Date: 20 Dec 99 20:27:30 PST
XAA19448
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

I suppose I'm preaching to the choir, but I was sure disappointed to see so
many US stations calling CQ inside the DX Window.  These were by and large not
newcomers, but people that I have heard in the contests for many years.

One prominent contester was calling CQ continuosly about 1 kc up from VK6VZ
during the entire time (over an hour) that he was readable on the west coast
in between the QRM from the CQer.

Not that I suppose that it matters to them, but I will not answer any US CQ
inside the DX window.
Maybe if all of us, including DX stations would follow that practice, we could
at least cut down on the habit.  They certainly weren't there because there
was no room below 1825.

Barry
KG6O

P.S.  Nicely said Barry...but let's not get a long thread started on this
topic because all the K-bytes in the world will not change some people.
Thanks...Bill  W4ZV.