Topband: Stew Perry TBDC QRV, Logging Programs, and Grounds

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry TBDC QRV, Logging Programs, and Grounds
From: ezed@aloha.net (Edward Pagaduan)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:32:53 +0000
Hi to all on this Reflector,
I'm Ed, KH6EZ.  I will be almost QRV for the Stew Perry Contest from
Kekaha, HI.
I'm trying to get a 45 ft vertical up before the start of the contest.
If not, I will be using a windom in the mean time.  Ground conditions
arent very good here even though my QTH is about 1/2 mile from the
beach.  My station ground rod measures 50 ohms at 20 ft. down measured
with a Biddle ground resistance meter.  The old electrical service
entrance ground measures 2 ohms and is about a 100 ft. away from the
station ground.  Or I'll have to add more and keep pounding away.  Maybe
someone on this reflector can help me out.  The fishing beacons are
coming in strong this time on 160.

73 and GL,
Ed