Topband: Top Band Condx ths morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Top Band Condx ths morning
From: kk4tr@webtv.net (Joseph Dube)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:21:10 -0500 (EST)
Bob wrote:
Even with a=2 and k=0, nothing this morning until a few minutes after
our sunrise (1444z), heard HL5CL at 1447z 569 on 1830.1 qso JA. He went
qrt after that. 73 Bob W7LR

Joe KK4TR writes:

You're right about the condx this morning. I observed the same thing
here. I was about ready to throw the switch when the bad seemed to open
up after the sun had already come up here in Tampa. I heard a few
Japanese stations up in ther  sub-band and they were perfectly Q5 (the
first time this season). While I was answering an email from VK6HD he
showed up on 1832 khz. Not loud enough to work here but I heard him
working a few other stations around the US. I have some pretty loud
computer birdies right in the middle of the Japanese CW band. Guess I
need to wrap the phone line and the computer  power chord around a
torroid. That should take care of that little bit of noise!!!!! 73's All
!

Joe KK4TR
Tampa,Fl.