Topband: A61AJ

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A61AJ
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:01:52 -0600
I worked A61AJ @ 0123Z. He first became audible around
0105Z, and was an honest 559 during our QSO.

This is the first good, quiet night of the season here in TX;
My noise level on the Beverage is S-1, but over S-9 on the
TX vertical. (sure beats the 20 over 9 noise last night!)

The skip must be at a fairly high angle; 30+ degrees or so,
as many East Coast stations calling Jeff were not as strong
as he was...go figure!

Congrats to Jeff and all the gang for putting up a very efficient
station.

I checked the Auroral Oval pix  and the high latitude K index data
tonight...the oval is vastly reduced form recent weeks, but all the
K index data was missing.

GL to all who need A6...this operation will be a very good chance
for a QSO if the prop. holds.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC