Topband: MFJ1026 Follow-up

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: MFJ1026 Follow-up
From: k5na@texas.net (Richard L. King)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:02:34 +0000
I want to thank everyone who responded to my question about my using the
MFJ1026 for weak signal work on 160 meters. It has taken me a couple of
days of recovering from ARRL SS before I had some time to start studying
the responses.

I received all kinds of responses both positive and negative. There were
enough positive responses for me to conclude that the MFJ1026 should work
well if properly set-up.

I will be working off-line with W8JI who is going to help me with the
problem. Either I am not using the unit properly or I have a defective
unit, but Tom will help me make that determination. I will summarize to the
reflector when we finish.

The second problem many of you responded to was my lack of effectiveness of
beverage antennas at this QTH even though they are installed the same as
they were in New York. General consensus is that I should be able to make
them work effectively in spite of my improved ground conductivity here on
the Blacklands Prairie. I will attack that problem after we get the MFJ1026
issue out of the way. I will eventually summarize what I do for this
problem also.

73, Richard
k5na@texas.net