Topband: EL2WW - back home

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EL2WW - back home
From: on4ww@village.uunet.be (Mark Demeuleneere)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:58:26 +0100 (CET)
Arrived ok at home.
42.000 Qs in total, with on5nt the last in the log.
To my delight, I saw EL2RF spotted on 1830.8 at
0612z on Monday, the day I left Monrovia.
Have been working at Bob's place, putting in place
the Inv-L, amplifier (courtesy KD6WW and W8JI), hooking
all the devices together (switching to K9AY antenna etc)
on Saturday. After that, we went to the monthly meeting
of LRAA (Liberian Amateur Radio Association, founded in
1962 !). Bob brought up the idea of a 'sister club', to
boost up amateur radio in the devastated country.
Maybe one of the bigger USA clubs could show an interest
in this project ? You can contact me for this.
73 - Mark - on4ww.