Topband: LP 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: LP 160
From: kmarch@ix.netcom.com (kmarch)
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 08:27:19 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BF28F9.E860F7E0

This morning was very interesting.  At 14:30 I turned on the RX and
heard a UA9 calling someone.  After switching from NW to SW he peaked
dramatically.  Within a few minutes I worked OH3BU UA9CDC RA3DOX, UA4RZ
and several others. Thought I heard VQ9DX again but much weaker than the
other day.  The opening lasted for about 20 minutes. The amazing thing
to me is that they were coming right over the LP direction and were
totally inaudible Short Path.  Although I have worked many EU at around
the same time in past years, they came in over Asia (NW) on a skewed
path.  This was definitely true long path. A point of correlation: 80M
LP was wide open this morning, best this year with signals well over
S-9.  73,  Bob