Topband: 160 CNDX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 CNDX
From: kmarch@ix.netcom.com (kmarch)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 12:34:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01BF1252.A451B660

As Wolf DF2PY points out, the band was very good last night... for a
welcome change. In this part of the Solar Cycle it is rare for stations
in NW USA to work Europe because propagation condiitons.  However last
night is was a true short path opening. Six Europeans worked. DF2PY and
OZ1EEZ both peaked around 579. As if that wasn't enough fun, this
morning at 1320 Z, there was UN5J calling CQ on 1827. He held in for
almost 30 minutes. When we exchanged reports, he was 569. Hope we get a
few more of these this year.  Bob,  N7UA