Topband: Magnetic Variation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Magnetic Variation
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 19:05:56 EDT
Hi Gang

Does anyone know of a website or place where I can identify the magnetic
variation of a given QTH from True North?

I need a source that will list this information globally - not just for North
America.

Magnetic variation is the deviation from **true North** that one sees on a
compass reading for due North.  Here in NY, for example, I think it is about
13 degrees to the WEST of TRUE North.

This information can be very useful when siting a four square or a vertical
array with a tight/narrow pattern.

Does anyone know of a website where I can PLUG IN latt/longitude coordinates
and have the site "spit out" the variation in degrees?

Many thanks for the help.

73 JEFF

K1ZM@aol.com