Topband: Slinky Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Slinky Beverage
From: ku0a@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu (Nelson Moyer)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 20:28:03 -0500
I'm considering a stealth slinky beverage along the utility easement behind
my house (and several of the neighbor's houses) this season. It's about the
best I can do to improve my hearing as one of the land poor who needs a few
more zones on 80 meters. What's the minimum stretch length needed to hear
on 80 meters, and how many Slinkys are used at that length? I'd appreciate
any references to published material on Slinky antennas, and especially,
any user experiences. I just found a good supply of the original metal
Slinkys in the local Walmart, and I want to buy some while they're
available.

Please reply direct to ku0a@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu