Topband: WA7UQV SK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: WA7UQV SK
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:58:54 +0800
I was very sorry to hear about the death of Ron WA7UQV.  He gave me the
biggest thrill of my first couple of years on 160m from Western Australia,
with a QSO in January 1996 when he was operating from XE2, just running 25 -
80W to one of his trademark ballon-supported quarter wave wires.

Ron's plan for the next year from XE2 was to run two balloons, each
supporting a delta-shaped full wave loop, to make a beam - I have a great
drawing of his proposed 'dream' antenna on the back of the QSL he sent me.
I hope he managed to do it.

Steve, VK6VZ