Topband: Help

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Help
From: JOMara@washgas.com (JOMara@washgas.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:09:23 -0400

After 5 years of listening and never having heard a JA, VK, ZL etc,
its time to ask what Im doing wrong or what do I need to add or
change. My station consists of a

TS940
800 watts out amp
preamp low noise, switchable in or out
inverted L w/ 20 radials
500 foot beverage w/ HB toroid matching ENE to WSW
K9AY(?) switchable ant (tried but now down)
EWES (same as above)

I'm not super active on the band but I have worked 50 countries in Europe,South
America, Hawaii and the Carib.

So what should I do? Different antennas, commercial toroid
match for the beverage, different antennas? What are the
best hours to listen? Any special frequencies?

Im open to any suggestions that may help.

TIA
Jack W4AD in Virginia    jomara@erols.com