Topband: TOPBAND THIS AM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TOPBAND THIS AM
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:19:29 -0400
Hi Bill and all,

160 is almost never dead. Many people just give up during summer.

> No, 160 isn't dead, is it Tom?  I was tuning around thisd AM and heard
> W8JI work ZL2REX and a couple of VK3s.  ZL2 was 579 at one time but
> quickly dropped into the noise.

Rex is a very dedicated 160 op. He runs 400 watts to an inverted L
with about 20 radials, and is adding more wire all the time.

During June Rex has been readable 25 days out of the 28 days
that I listened for him. 17 of those days he was S7 or better. Out of
the past 436 days, he has been readable 399 days and over S7
286 of those days!

Europeans are still on, once in a while a JA shows up, and K4SXT
portable in KH2 was well over S- nine on June 14 CQing with no
takers.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com